Chess Kenya is the governing body that runs and manages Chess in Kenya. It was founded as Kenya Chess Association (KCA) in 1967 and affiliated to the international body FIDE in 1980. We are also affiliated to the African Chess Confederation (ACC) and are a regular participants in its events.
Other than regulating the game, Chess Kenya aims to promote and develop the game all through the country.
The federation is run by elected officials who hold a four year term of office. Under the elected officials are sub-committees that handle various aspects of the game.
1.Brian Kidula-Head of PR and marketing committee
2. Shem Vilebwa -Head of Head of chess in schools
3. Dr. Paul Aloyo-Head of chess in colleges and Universities
4. Steve Ouma-Head of Events,Arbiters and Trainers
5. Dr. Victor Ng'ani-Head of Displinary
6. Winnie Thithu- Head of Women's Chess,Physically Challenged and other special groups
7. Michael Asati Asati/Peter Ganga heads of branches,Clubs and Elections.
8. Andiwoh Moses-player rep until next elected in coming national championship 2017.
9. Paras Gudka/Thomas Nzioki/Ronald Bolo-Rating officers
10. Isaac Babu-League Chairman
Chess Kenya recognizes the fact that finances are backbone of the federation and have identified the following capable individuals to steer its marketing agenda to bring on board sponsors.
PR & Marketing Committee:
1) Brian Kidula-Chairman
2) Judy Kiragu-Secretary
3) Stanley Luruti
4) Ricky Sang
5) Ben Nguku Namale
6) Raphael Oduol
7) Robert Muturi
8) Satish Deshpande
9) Bob Odhiambo